To make martabak manis at home, you will need the following ingredients:
– 250 grams of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 300 ml of warm water
– Cooking oil for greasing the pan
For the filling, you can choose your favorite ingredients such as chocolate sprinkles, grated cheese, crushed peanuts, or sliced bananas. You can get creative and combine different fillings to suit your taste.
Here are the steps to make martabak manis using a Teflon pan:
1. In a large bowl, mix the flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt together. Gradually add warm water while stirring continuously until the batter becomes smooth and lump-free. Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes to allow it to rise.
2. Meanwhile, prepare your chosen fillings by finely chopping or grating them if necessary. Set them aside for later use.
3. After 30 minutes, give the batter a quick stir to release any excess air bubbles that may have formed during the resting period.
4. Heat your Teflon pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking oil or butter to prevent sticking.
5. Pour enough batter into the pan to form a thin layer that covers the entire bottom surface of the pan evenly.
6. Sprinkle your desired filling evenly over one half of the pancake batter in the pan.
7. Carefully fold the other half of the pancake batter over the filling to create a half-moon shape. Press down gently to seal the edges.
8. Cook the martabak manis on one side for about 2-3 minutes or until it turns golden brown and crispy.
9. Flip the martabak manis using a spatula and cook the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes until it is golden brown as well.
10. Remove from heat and transfer the cooked martabak manis to a serving plate.
Repeat these steps for the remaining batter and fillings, adjusting the heat as needed to prevent burning.
Martabak manis is best enjoyed while still warm and crispy. You can cut it into smaller pieces or serve it as a whole, depending on your preference. Some people also like to drizzle condensed milk or sweet syrup over their martabak manis for an extra indulgence.
Now that you know how to make martabak manis using a Teflon pan, you can satisfy your cravings anytime without having to visit your favorite roadside martabak stall. Enjoy this delightful Indonesian dessert in the comfort of your own home!